So… EMBRACE is /was my word for 2017… and here I am… Check out my “GROWTH”, ‘right here!
“If its both terrifying and AMAZING, then you should definitely pursue it! ”
( I believe I may write about the next one… so I am saving it…)
Here are a few things I am embracing:
- A new assignment– I have “fully decided to embrace my occupation with working with those in the field of substance use. I have struggled with this’acceptance’ for years- perhaps because my father was an alcoholic, and I just had personal reservations. But the more I think about saying yes – the more excited I become about helping them, and be ‘whole ‘ people- and be successful at what they do; as well as their families.
- A new project! – Still working with women, but deciding even more… that I really want to do more and be a part of other’s dreams and projects as well as improve my own processes and groups . I have begun I am excited about helping another sister launch one of her dreams!
- A new approach towards seeking God. My “Examen” process is a really beautiful spiritual way of trying to find myself again, spiritually and connect with God . I love the process of this, and the new community I have found. We all have “little rooms” in which we all hang out ‘ ; and communicate – and attempt to find God in our creative efforts, or our spiritual leadership.
- I am also embracing the need to just ” be disciplined” I am realizing that with greater balance in my life – I have greater discipline. And I am not really seeking to NOT DO some things – but to take time to ask my spirit how it feels to do it , and determine whether the act itself takes a anything away from me doing doing the hard work of self – evaluating and determine the height, depth and breadth of doing disciplined work. Hmm.. I have to write and then research more about this… I am not sure I really want to know.. but i feel its the only way to reach my dreams and my ultimate goal sin life.. to ” push” myself and allow myself to be something that feels totally uncomfortable – as least in the beginning stages, anyway… right? Ever feel like your whole life is catapulting you towards something beautiful? Something you haven’t even yet fulled embraced in your conscious life? But its sole embedded in your sub-conscious and it’s yet calling you, even deep in your spirit — sometimes in your sleep; and then in your dreams, yet again and a again? well let me tell you … (the other night I had a dream I w as creating a curriculum about the subconscious mind and the conscious mind and how they conflict with or come against some times the mind of Christ. ) I was writing a program with a specific person just like that…! Hmm.. I wonder if I should tell her…?) I feel like I should.. (I will.)
- I guess the last thing I am embracing is my relationships with other women. I seem to love true, authentic women; and I feel I have a knack- if you will – for creating that kind of group … its happening ! I have made friends, I have a mentoring group and we talk often about being healthy and keeping that healthy mindset primary; now and I have begun to even create a women’s mastermind group! I am so , so surprised! I guess because this wasn’t really my idea or thoughts to do so in this season of my life – yet it was time. It just kind of happened while I was working on something else. And it just made perfect sense to do! So I did.
Well.. there it is…. here are the five things I am embracing :
- my relationships
- my discipline and leadership role, fully
- my social life
- my projects and authentic roles
- my new assignment with addictions and people struggling with them.
This is “spiritual self care” ladies, be aware on a level where you self-evaluate regularly so you can cultivate and acknowledge your own goodness and growth process.
(….and.. whew! Its been quite a new year!)